Any similarities to other tutorials are completely coincidental
and unintentional. I try and keep my tutorials as simple as
possible, but they are written assuming you have a good
working knowledge of PSP and Animation Shop
YOU WILL NEED:-
Template 31 by Rachel at Scraps of Enchantment HERE
Breast Cancer Awareness kit from Krissy at Krissy's Scraps and
Tracy at Soxsational Scraps
Mask 81 by Weescotslass from HERE
Font and tube of choice. I am using the wonderful artwork of Keith Garvey.
You will need a licence to use his work, which you can purchase from MPT
Please do not use the same images unless you have a licence
OK, let's get started :)
1. Open all your supplies in PSP and minimize them for now. Open template
31 and make a duplicate. Image, canvas size and increase to 600 x 600.
You may need to floodfill your background white
2. Highlight the black flower layer. Select a dark colour from your tube
and floodfill with this colour. Add a small dropshadow. Leave the white flower layer
as it is, just adding the same dropshadow. Floodfill the grey circle layer with a
lighter colour from your tube and give it the same dropshadow. Merge these
three layers together
3. Highlight the circle layer. Selections, select all, float & defloat. Keep selected.
Copy and paste a paper of choice as a new layer, resizing by 80% first.
Selections, invert and delete. Add the same dropshadow as used previously
4. Repeat the above steps for the black rectangle and scallop square layers using
different papers from the kit
5. Highlight the white square layer. Floodfill with a pale colour that compliments
your tube and add the same dropshadow
6. Copy and paste your tube as a new layer, resizing as necessary and
place where you are happy with it. Add a dropshadow
7. Highlight the white background layer and add a new raster layer. Floodfill
with the same dark colour that you used for your flower. Layers, new mask layer
from image and select WSL81. Apply this mask and merge group
8. Add a few elements of choice from the scrapkit and your name and copyright
9. Highlight your merged flower layer and duplicate until you have three flowers.
Rename them flower 1, flower 2 and flower 3
10. On flower 1, using your magic wand select the dark and light petals. Add
noise using gaussian 18%, making sure monochrome is ticked. Keep selected.
11. On flower 2 add noise again but changing it to 19%. On flower 3 add noise
again but change to 20%
1. Hide flowers 2 and 3. Make sure flower 1 is highlighted on your layers pallette.
Edit, copy merged and paste as new animation into animation shop
2. Back in PSP, hide flower 1 and unhide flower 2. This time making sure that flower
2 is highlighted, edit, copy merged and in AS edit, paste after current frame
3. Back in PSP hide flower 2 and unhide flower 3. Making sure flower 3 is highlighted,
edit, copy merged and in AS edit, paste after current frame
All you need to do now is view your animation and save as a GIF file
Thanks for trying my tutorial :)